2.1.3 Update – April 10, 2016
New user interface fatures, more models, and a few fixes:
- More Pivotal Weather models added (HRRR, RAP). More to come soon.
- Added frame selector buttons to immediately jump to any particular image.
- “Hover mode” available for frame selector buttons. Enable and the image will change just as you hover over them. Just click on a button to move your mouse out of the region without the image changing.
- Fixed a bug that would only allow the page to under-utilize available screen space. Those with larger monitors should see more imagery displayed at it’s full size.
- Cleaned up some of the underlying code.
There will be a batch of UI adjustments and improvements coming soon to make the page easier to use on the desktop and mobile devices alike.
2.1.2 Update – April 7, 2016
New products, enhancements, and the removal of one data source:
- Pivotal Weather models added (RPDS, GDPS, NAM, 4km NAM, GFS). More to come soon.
- Collge of Dupage model selection expanded.
- SREF model from the NWS has been added.
- Model run algorithm generalized and optimized. Should fix remaining problems with generation of available model runs.
- Some categories now have default selections that are _not_ the first entry in the list!
- Some additional error checking enabled. Should reduce rare bugs.
- TwisterData imagery has been depreciated and removed.
2.1.1 Update – March 12, 2015The model viewer has been updated to version 2.1.1. Included in this update:
- New Feature: The frame slider now has tick marks on it marking various forecast times (T+ hours) available in the image loop.
- Minor bug fixes.
2.1 Update – November 5, 2014The model viewer has been updated to version 2.1. Included in this update:
- New Features:
- Frame Scrolling: You can now use your mouse wheel or trackpad to move through the image loops. Simply move the mouse cursor over the image or frame slider and scroll! You can toggle the feature on and off using the "Frame Scrolling" button and inverse the direction of scrolling in the option dropdown attached to the button. Coming soon will be sensitivity options, but a bit more testing is needed to find the sweet spot for high-resolution trackpads.
- You can now press ? to bring up a window that shows you all of the available keyboard shortcuts (we have a lot!). That window will eventually include some additional options and documentation as well.
- Bug fixes:
- "Image Missing" image now matches the size of other images in the loop. No more UI jutter when animating a loop with some missing imagery!
- Option dropdown menus now remain open when clicking on options inside them.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes; groundwork for better time & date management.