There’s been no formal announcement for the recent updates to the bulletin viewer, but I’ve been working away at improving some aspects of it lately. Still working on parsing out some compatibility issues with a few bulletins, so expect to see continued improvements in the coming weeks. But, for now, here’s all the recent updates:
- Added the new Prairie & Arctic Storm Prediction Centre Thunderstorm Outlook. This product is new for 2017 and we are archiving it on our site from its home at the U of M. It is a combined graphical and text product that outlines the expected thunderstorm potential for the day. We believe that we have a fantastic reading environment for everything from your phone to desktop computer and are excited to have it as an addition to the site.
- Ability to set a default bulletin. In the label row above the menu to select a bulletin, you’ll now see a new button called “Save as Default”. This button will enable when you’re viewing a bulletin that is not set as your default bulletin. When you save a default bulletin, it will be automatically opened next time you visit the site.
- New settings management. This should quash any bugs that you may have been encountering regarding anything that we save settings for. The Colours menu and Font menu should now display properly again for all users. The colour and font selections will automatically save as the new default when changed.
- Some minor adjustments to typographical settings that should improve readability.
- Removed sidebar; migrated bulletin and display settings to the top of the page.